This page will be periodically updated with information about new features (✨), upgrades (⚡️) and platform status alerts (🏗️). If you have any questions, please get in contact with us via your DekkoSecure account manager. You can also use this channel for requesting new features or providing feedback on what you see listed on this page.
29th November, 2023
- New ✨: Microsoft Sentinel integration For customers looking to extend audit logging using automated feeds, DekkoSecure is now offering native integration with Microsoft Sentinel. Logs can include the full standard internal audit logging content, as well as additional items such as failed authentication attempts and file names.
- Updated ⚡️: Invite permission control for Team Member invites When you select Team Member for a new user in a Hub, you’ll be able to choose whether they are able to send invites. If your permissions requirements change in the future, you can grant or restrict invite permission in the Hub management view.
27th November, 2023
- Updated ⚡️: Upload processing for large volume uploads and sharing Uploading and sharing has been turbocharged! We won’t go in to the nerdy details here, but an incredible engineering effort has resulted in up to 8x faster upload and share times. The next time you upload a large file, folder, or group of files (especially to a shared folder), prepare to be amazed!
You’ll need to be on a Chromium-based web browser (Chrome, Edge or Brave) version 110 or newer for this update to take full effect. Performance on Safari and Firefox has also improved greatly, but not quite as much as on Chromium due to disparities in the way each browser engine works. You can check your browser version at whatismybrowser.com. GIF content credit - National Aeronautics and Space Administration: Atlantis launch July 2011
- Updated ⚡️: filter by status The quick-filter now includes searching by status tag. If your organisation has set up a tag such as “Complete”, simply enter the tag partially or in full to focus the file listing on a matching search term.
24th November, 2023
- New ✨: In-app playback support for MP4 And… videos can also be shared view-only!
- New ✨: User list export (Tenancy Manager) If you need to report on users in a Tenancy, simply set/enter a filter term (if needed) and then press the Export Users button. This will generated a CSV for external analysis.
Result CSV example:
- New ✨: Double-click to open Just like the file explorer on your Windows or Mac device, you can now double-click on viewable files to open them using in the in-app file viewer.
28th October, 2023
- New ✨: Dark mode 🌚 By popular demand, dark mode! To adjust Dekko’s theme head to your profile settings - scroll to the bottom to find the setting. Don’t forget to press save!
- Updated ⚡️: Support for multiple statuses Multiple status tags can now be set against content. If you have already set a tag using the previous single-status feature, simply click on the tag and select more from the list to add additional tags!
23rd October, 2023
- New ✨: Infinite scroll file loading for large folders Folders containing more than 50 items will now load automatically as you scroll, replacing a manual button press. Note - always check the ‘total items’ counter to know how many items are in a folder!
20th October, 2023
- New ✨: Import users during Hub creation The next time you create a Hub, you’ll see a new option - Importing users! Simply choose a Hub that you’re already a member of, and a full listing of the users in that Hub will appear for copying to the new one. Users are grouped by their domain, so you can easily pick which groups are relevant to the new Hub. Team member users are presented in bold; all users settings will be carried across for super-fast Hub set up.
18th October, 2023
- New ✨: Data reporting in upload progress In addition to completion percentage, the upload progress listing now also shows the total amount of data uploaded. This counter will reset after each completed upload batch:
- New ✨: Sharing process indicator The sharing window now displays which file is being worked on when you share multiple files:
- Updated ⚡️: We’ve dramatically improved the speed of retrieving file-level audit logs. The next time you open the event listing for a file, you’ll notice that it loads much faster!
6th October, 2023
- New ✨: Content filter Type in a term for quick filtering - files and folders that don’t match will be quickly excluded from view for easy searching!
2nd October, 2023
- New ✨: Appendix for invite notifications
If you’re an admin, check out the invite appendix notes on the tenancy policies page.
- New ✨: Status tagging for files and folders
- Updated ⚡️: Refreshed contact list and navigation bar We’ve moved the contact list into the navigation bar on the left and added a new navigation item that will take you straight to your Hub and contact settings. Hover your mouse over a contact to start a new mail thread or chat conversation:
- Updated ⚡️: The whole Mail interface! We’ve aligned the Mail interface with our design system to make messaging threads feel even more at home:
- Maintenance 🏗️: The DekkoSecure-AU platform (au.dekko.io) will also be undergoing maintenance from 6pm AEDT The expected maintenance period is 6 hours, and access to the platform will be limited for at least 2 hours from the commencement of the maintenance window. Please plan any critical usage around this time and check dekkosecure.statuspage.io for updates (and don’t forget to subscribe!).
14th September, 2023
- New ✨: In-app playback for MP3 audio files Simply upload an MP3 file and you, or users your share with (don’t forget about view-only sharing) will be able to play the file without downloading it -
The playback window allows you to seek 15s at a time -
6th April, 2023
- New ✨: Tenancy policy for Hub creation restriction policy When specific users or domains are added, general ability for Hub creation for your Tenancy will be limited to whatever you add to the policy -
If you’re an admin, check out the Hub creation policy notes on the tenancy policies page.
28th March, 2023
- New ✨: ‘Not shared’ and expiry tags We’ve introduced to new tags that will appear in the Status column. For files that are not yet shared -
For shared files with an expiry specified, hover your mouse over the ⏱ tag -
We have complete documentation about Status column content the knowledge base article here.
14th September, 2022
- New ✨: Office file editing This is a big one! today we’re launching the ability to edit office files (Word/DOCX, Excel/XLSX and Powerpoint/PPTX). Not only can you edit files in-app, but you can also do it at the same time as other users. To allow other users to edit your files, make sure you share with full permissions.
26th March, 2022
- New ✨: In-app image viewing Now when you upload an image file, you, or users your share with (don’t forget about view-only sharing) will be able to view the file without downloading it -
Format support is offered for PNG, JPEG, GIF, SVG and WEBP.
This is the start of our update log… you’re at the end of the line! 🚧