- Select the file(s) and press [Share]
- Type or paste the first email address or name of the user you are sharing with Users who are already a member of the Hub will auto-complete. Press [Enter] on your key board to add the user to the shared list.
- (Optional) If you are adding more that one user to the shared list, continue entering names or email addresses
- (Optional) If you add a user who is not a current member of the Hub, they will be marked with New to this Hub. If the user is already registered, they will be added to the Hub automatically. If they are not registered, they will be sent a registration invite automatically. A user type must be set for new Hub members:
If the share window does not allow you to add users who aren’t already in the Hub, this means your DekkoSecure administrator has disabled the feature. You must send the user an invite and wait for them to register before sharing content with them.
- Set access permissions by using the permissions dropdown(s) Carefully note the descriptions for each permission type. View only is available for image, PDF and Office files (DOCX, XLSX, PPTX). If the View only is unavailable, this means your DekkoSecure administrator has disabled the feature. Full permissions will allow recipients to edit shared Office files.
- (Optional) Set an expiry on the share. The files will become unavailable for recipients when the expiry is met (they will not be deleted).
- (Optional) Set a note on the share. Notes are displayed in the details panel for each shared file. They are not attached to the file(s) or file metadata when they are downloaded from the platform.
- Press [Share]. All shared files will be marked with the (Shared) tag.