Saving a signature on your profile allows for quick retrieval during document approvals. If you are trying to use an image that does not have a transparent background however, it it can obscure parts of the document you are signing.
The signature on the left is good. The one on the right… needs improvement!
An image editing application such as Adobe Photoshop is ideal for removing image backgrounds. If you already have Photoshop you can rasterise your signature image and remove the background using the magic wand tool. Easy!
Alternatively, Microsoft Word can be used achieve the same thing!
How to remove the background from your signature
- Create a new document in Microsoft Word and insert your signature image in to it
- With the signature image selected, open the Picture Format tab and then pick the Black and White 75% option in the Colour dropdown
- Most of the background texture(s) should be removed. Next, open the Colour dropdown again and then select Set Transparent Colour.
- The mouse cursor will change to a selection pointer. Click on a white area of the image background, close to the signature ‘ink’. The difference will be subtle, but background will be removed.
- Right click the signature image and select Save as Picture
- Choose an appropriate location to save your new signature image file. Name the image, ensure the file type selected is PNG, and then press [Save].