This article will show you how to join a secure Dekko meeting
If you're invited to a Dekko meeting you will need an account to join it.
Don't worry, participation accounts are free!
Dekko secure meeting are supported for Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge on laptop or desktop computers only.
Do not attempt to join a meeting using Firefox, Safari, Brave, etc.
Do not attempt to join a meeting using an iPhone, iPad or Android device.
On this page:
To join a Dekko meeting:
- Open the invite delivered to you email inbox:
If you have a Dekko account
You will receive a meeting notification with a link to join.
Click 'Join the meeting' and go to step 3.
If you don't have a Dekko account
You will receive a meeting notification with a link to register and join.
Click 'Register to join the meeting'
- Complete the registration form by entering your name, a strong password and the complete the CAPTCHA:
- Open the Meetings window:
- If prompted, make sure you press 'Allow' for camera and microphone permissions:
- When you are ready, press 'Join' to access the meeting. The join button becomes available 5 minutes before the scheduled start time:
- Set whether you would like to join with audio, video, or both, then press 'Join':
The video setting is off by default, so make sure you select it to join the meeting with you camera on. You can turn it on during the meeting if you intend to join without it.
A secure connection will be established and you will be joined to the conference.
Hover your mouse over the meeting interface to expose the features panel:
- Opens the meeting group chat
- Shows screen sharing options - see next section for Mac settings
- Enables/disables your microphone
- Leave meeting
- Enables/disables your camera
- Switch speaker/gallery view
- Shows meeting participants
- Settings for camera, microphone and speaker - you may need to rejoin to apply changes
I can't hear other users
Make sure your speakers/headphones are not muted. You can change the output using the settings button in (8) of the in-meeting features.
If you can hear some users but not others, your personal meeting settings are already configured correctly. The user(s) that cannot be heard are responsible for ensuring their settings are correct.
Other users can't hear me
Make sure your microphone is not muted. You can check if you are muted (3) and change the input using the settings button (8) of the in-meeting features.
If you change your input device and still cannot be heard, rejoin the meeting.
Other users can't see me
You can check if your camera is on (5) and change the camera using the settings button (8) of the in-meeting features.
If you change your camera and still cannot be seen, rejoin the meeting.
I need to change my device permissions
You can change your browser's device permissions by clicking the lock icon next to the Dekko URL:
If you change any permissions you will be prompted to refresh your browser page.
If you see this notice when joining a meeting it means the Dekko application is being prevented from connecting to our servers. This can happen if you are using a corporate VPN or you are using a network that blocks Dekko meeting traffic.
Comprehensive network whitelisting instructions for IT administrators can be found here.
You may need to contact your employer's IT administrator to alleviate this issue - there is nothing Dekko can do to circumvent corporate blocking situations. If you cannot avoid using a problematic network, you can connect your computer to a mobile hotspot.
Screen sharing on Macs:
Before screen sharing on a Mac, make sure your browser has screen sharing permission.
- Open system preferences:
- Select 'Security & Privacy':
- Unlock your settings by pressing the lock in the bottom left corner. Ensure the 'Privacy' tab is selected, choose 'Screen Recording', and then tick the box next to the browser you are using for Dekko meetings.
Note: you will need to relaunch your browser when prompted to apply this setting.
Tips for improved in-meeting performance:
- Turn off your camera temporarily, or ask other participants to turn their camera off.
- If you need to have your camera on, check that there is plenty of light present in your space, as well as in your participant’s space. Low lighting can create more network and processing load.
- Check that you are not uploading or downloading large quantities of data in other applications.